Another delivery-Bobcat running and waiting to unload the new toilets, urinal, handicap handrails/hardware!
Sinks/vanity Dale picks up next week and installation will begin!
Epoxy floors drying nicely, clear coat will start tomorrow if epoxy dry enough!
Dale surprised me by getting home this afternoon and we managed to start the floor of the pump house and Dale hauled 2 loads of dirt!
Website- adding new photos and have training next week to launch our online reservations!!
Progress with a capital “P”!!
Great Big THANK-YOU to JD, Lyle & Polly for helping with the “epoxy project” tonight!
The 4 of us got the job done in 2 hours!!
Lyle & Polly came by to visit & jumped right in and helped right up to the last inch of epoxy!!
So Great!!! Turned out just awesome! Now a day or 2 of drying and next step will be getting the textured clear coat on! By Monday she will be another project checked off the “to do” list!
Prep work for Epoxy application completed and JD arriving tomorrow night and the two of us will apply the epoxy tomorrow night!
Today all 3 areas of the S&FC building were swept again😩, taped bottom edge on all the walls and drains, air gun to get out excess dust, acid wash, clean water mopped x 2!
One whipped girl tonight-going to sleep good 😴 and decided to go out for breakfast at Bella’s in Roosevelt in the morning! 😎
Bathroom stall partitions delivered today, trucking company gave me a heads up he was arriving in a half hour. Ready & waiting with the Bobcat – unloaded the partitions and he was on his way in under 15 minutes- Great transport company!!!
Stroll to the lake to enjoy the view of this beautiful body of water, give a prayer of thanks, and then start working on the prep work for the epoxy of the floors in the S&FC building!
Little haze out here this morning- beautiful!
Mon, Tues, Wed going to be getting the prep work done for the epoxy finish on the floor of the S&FC building. JD, our son, will be here Wed night and Thurs morning to get this project done for us!! Dale & I marked where I need to tape the walls for the epoxy and then we changed our mind and will install floor trim instead! Decision – Decisions😬 Lady hanging out with us before Dale headed back to Swanville!!
Starting dirt work for the pump house with our new well!!
We have placed calls to all of the winning names drawn for our 2018/2019 Ice Season Sleeper and Day house Guests Drawing:
Here is the winning Names and Prizes:
Myron Jesme – DLOTW’s apparel/Gerber Folding Hunting Knife
Brian Peterson – Rapala Tool Combo
Shaun Jeune – Peet Boat Dryer
Dan Iversen – DLOTW apparel, Calcutta mug, sun bandit
Lee Olson – Areo bait bucket
Nate Boring – Electric fillet knife
Terry Korb – Fishing Rod Bag
Duane Jaka – Eskimo Folding fishing chair
Mike Multhauf – Cooler
Jon Lahkenan – Spotlight
Riggs Magnuson – Tip up and Expandable minnow scoop
Matt Nelson – Ice Amour winter gloves
Ben Gubrud – Rapala Tool Combi
Dylan Vansickle – DLOTW apparel, fish landing gloves & towel
Weston Brason – DLOTW apparel & Thermos brand 24 oz thermos
Dan Grittner – Gerber hunting/fishing tool
Debbie Peltier – Tackle box
Robert Wendorf – Camping Hammock
Grand Prize Winner –
Hannah Curtis- Ion 8 “ Ice Auger
(We are continuing to reach each of you and mailing out your gift)
Quote from Engineering firm received via email, next step to review with Dale!
1st quote for the second septic system, 2nd quote for Digging out Pond to put in docks for our camping quests channeling to the main body of water. 3rd quote to restore shoreline and stop the erosion.
Decision time!! ??
- Walleye season opens Saturday, May 11th.
- As of Monday, May 6th on the main basin, miles of open water with some ice patches still floating around.
- Walleye and sauger populations strong, thus good opener expected.
- Go to will be jig and frozen shiner.
- Pike and sturgeon seasons are open and the reports are excellent.
- Numerous trophy class pike being caught.
- All pike 30-40″ must be returned with a 3 fish limit and one over 40″.
- Sturgeon and pike fishing has been excellent.
- The go-to presentation for sturgeon a 4-6 ounce no roll sinker, sturgeon rig and a few nightcrawlers or combo crawlers and frozen emerald shiners.
- Pike being caught in shallow bays.
- With cold water temps, opening day on the river is expected to be good walleye fishing.
- With stronger than normal current, bring heavy jigs if jigging.
- Mainly open water areas with some ice chunks.
- A bit of boating activity this week as open water increased.
- Resorts getting ready for May 11th opener.
- Most will be using a jig and minnow adjacent shoreline structure, points and neck down areas.